shortly after getting out of the NICU in May, Andrew asks out of the blue, if i'm up for moving to midtown this year.
if you know us personally, you probably know we've wanted to move for several years now, but the timing hasn't been right. we've come up with about 87 different plans for when we're going to move and where - the most recent being that we would move as early as June 2014.
after my crazy pregnancy and our stressful NICU stay, i seriously don't remember what a normal life feels like anymore. so why not move and continue on with the roller coaster life?
we toured 3 houses and quickly knew which one we preferred. we hit a few obstacles, but seriously, doors were flying open for us to proceed. We would think we ran into a problem and were ready to sit back and wait on God's timing again, but then someone would approach us, saying, "did you know about such and such organization?" "have you heard of such and such new program?"
we're being very cautious, but so far it seems like this is the right time and the right place for our family.
a few random facts:
- the home was built in 1905
- a company called Ribbon Cutters bought the house and is remodeling it for us, to our specific standards.
- We will be involved in as much of the process as we can. We will be doing all the painting, building a new fence, sanding the hardwood floors, painting all the trim, etc.
- we are in the beginning stages of the process. We meet with the company to do our final walk through this friday, October 11th and then the work should begin shortly after that!
- we are tentatively moving in on Dec 2013
- we are under no obligation to buy the house when they are done, even though they're rehabbing it to our standards. if something unexpected comes up, we can choose not to buy the house from them.
without further ado, here is the first floor of our new abode, pre-rehab. i'll share the 2nd and 3rd floors in the next few days so this isn't an annoyingly long post ;-)
Exterior - 1st Floor:
we will be keeping the windows with character, but all other windows will be replaced.